19 December 2012

2012 Top Ten: 7 Mystery - The World Is A Game

Whilst I like prog I am not a great Yes fan so wasn't at all interested in Mystery because of the Benoît David connection. However, thanks to Geoff Banks raving about a song off Beneath the Veil of Winter's Face I ended up checking out, and loving their latest album, The World is a Game.


This sounds nothing like Yes, if anything it has a Rush like sound with occasional elements of Jon & Vangelis and a dollup of Spock's Beard (well to my unrefined ear it does). The album has a fine collection of songs, the title track and Pride being two of my favourites.

Overall I am really glad I picked up this album and certainly plan to investigate the back catalogue when finances permit next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.